We are seeking a full-time staff member to work as a project manager with secretarial, organizational and computational responsibilities for an international science collaboration project, NEOMATRIX.
The project manager (PM) will be hired by the METU Ancient DNA Lab. The NEOMATRIX project has the METU lab as coordinator, with partner labs in Greece, Sweden, and France, together constituting the NEOMATRIX Consortium. The project’s aim is to promote the sharing of scientific research experience and know-how across labs and joint research into the population genetic history of the Mediterranean region. The NEOMATRIX project is funded by the EU H2020 program.
The PM will work together with other NEOMATRIX staff, and will be equally responsible for the overall organization, management, and documentation of project activities, including:
– Organizing Consortium internal meetings,
– Organizing travel and accommodation for Consortium scientists,
– Supporting data management, including data entry and maintaining the METU Ancient DNA Lab database,
– Maintaining the website and social media accounts,
– Managing the budget,
– Preparing financial and scientific reports,
– Acting as secretary for the Consortium General Assembly,
– Helping organize Consortium events, including workshops,
– Supporting the General Assembly in coordination and monitoring of activities to ensure healthy implementation of the Project Agreement,
– Helping organize science outreach activities.
– The PM will be employed full time at METU, Ankara.
– The PM must be highly fluent both in English and in Turkish.
– The PM must have a basic background in database management and programming.
Additional experiences sought:
– Past experience in H2020 project management,
– Past experience in organizing international events,
– Past experience in science outreach.
The PM will be employed by METU and receive a salary commensurate with experience.
Employment will continue until the project finishes by December 2023, but there is the possibility that the project might receive 6 or 12 months extension.
Candidates should send (1) a CV, (2) a statement of interest that explains why the candidate would fit the job, and (3) contact information for three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The emails should be titled “NEOMATRIX PM position”.
The position will start as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For further information on the position, please contact Mehmet Somel (email@example.com).